It’s awesome that my new Passionate PA is also passionate about breast cancer care. She sent me details of what West Dorset Breast Cancer Support Group are working on. Please so sign the petition. DO SOMETHING! For me, having Poole hospital just down the road has made this crazy time just bearable. But their leaflet does point out they are already stretched, and I, for one, can confirm parking is a nightmare and expensive! It doesn’t matter if you don’t live in the area, please show your support for this campaign….
West Dorset Breast Cancer Support Group needs your helpâ€¦
- The government want to remove all Breast Cancer Treatment and Care services from Dorchester Hospital.
- In a proposal to centralise services, treatment would now only be available at Poole Hospital.
- This means that all breast cancer patients across Dorset would have no choice but to travel to Poole for consultations, surgery and aftercare.
Our Support Group believesâ€¦
- All breast cancer patients in Dorset should be given a choice of where treatment is provided.
- Treatment should not be jeopardised by the governmentâ€™s centralisation plans â€“ Poole hospital already experiences delays in care due to the number of patients it already cares for.
- The medical team at Dorchester Hospital provide outstanding care and do not deserve to be threatened with job loses.
How can you help?
- You can help our campaign by signing our petition against this transfer of services.
- Strengthen our support by talking with your family and friends.
- Writing protest letters to the people that will be making this decision:
Derek Smith, Interim Chief Executive, Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester, DT1 2JY
Paul Sly, Chief Executive NHS Dorset, Hillfort House, Poundbury Road, Dorchester, DT1 1PN
ONLINE PETITION: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/DorsetCancer/
Thank you so much for your support!